- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Washington University Medical Center (Barnes Hospital), St. Louis, MO.
- Internship: Jewish Hospital of St. Louis, MO.
- Medical School: Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- College: Washington University, St. Louis, MO.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Medical Association
- St. Louis Metropolitan Medical Society
- Missouri Medical Society
- St. Louis Orthopaedic Society
- 2004-Present, Board of Directors, St. Louis Sports Commission
- Team Physician
- 1996 - Present, John Burroughs High School
- 2001 - Present, Chaminade College Preparatory School
- 2009 - Present, Principia High School
- 2009 - Present, Principia College
Dr.Bassman is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery, knee and hip replacement surgery, and sports medicine. He has been practicing orthopaedic medicine in the St. Louis area since 1981. His main office is located in Creve Coeur, Missouri and has two satellite locations in Fairview Heights and Breese, Illinois.
Dr. Bassman is a St. Louis native and graduated from Washington University’s School of Medicine. He comes from a family of physicians; his grandfather and father were general practitioners in St. Louis and his uncle and cousins practice medicine as well. He feels that his greatest influence was his college physics professor, Franklin Shull, and credits his mentor, general surgeon, Gene Bricker with Barnes Jewish Hospital, for instilling in him a solid work ethic and the importance of patient respect.
Dr. Bassman takes tremendous pride in seeing his patients improve and genuinely enjoys the day-to-day challenges and the personal attention he is able to provide to them.
Sydney is a Registered Nurse that has worked with Dr. Bassman since 1985! She is the go to contact for scheduling surgery, patient education and any other questions about upcoming procedures.
Jana has been a Medical Assistant with Dr. Bassman since he joined Motion in 2016. She assists with appointment and MRI scheduling.
Labarge has been a Medical Assistant with Dr. Bassman since he joined Motion in 2016. She assists with appointment and MRI scheduling.
Call for Appointments
Work Comp Hotline: (314) 991-2123